The Most Precious of Senses
Our eyes provide the most precious of our senses - sight - through which we learn about world. It has been estimated that four-fifths of our knowledge is acquired through our sight. Yet many people endanger their vision because of ignorance or carelessness.
In the Philippines, statistics on blindness are staggering:
- Approximately a million Filipinos are blind in one or both eyes. The common causes of blindness include cataract, retinal and macular diseases, optic nerve diseases, glaucoma, and trauma.
- Cataract is responsible for over 80 of blindness. Retinal and macular diseases rank a distant second. Together, they cause about 90 of cases considered legally blind.
THE CAPITOL EYE CENTER
The Capitol Medical Center (CMC) committed to provide total quality health care, has established the Capitol Eye Center to address these eye diseases and help lower the statistics of blindness. Located in the second floor of the CMC IV, the diagnostic and laser facility is equipped with the latest equipments and instruments.
»Oculoplastic / Cosmetic Surgery
- Upper / Lower Lid Blepharoplasty
- Brow Lift / Midface Lift
- Ptosis Repair
- Ectropion / Entropion Repair
- Botox Injection
- Excision of Eyelid Mass
- Lid Reconstruction / Scar Revision
» Low Vision
- Anterior Segment Procedures
- Pterygium Excision
- Conjuctival Flap
- Corneal Transplant
- Repair of Traumatic Eye Injury
» Refractive Surgery
- Extracapsular Cataract Extraction
- Small - Incision Cataract Surgery
- YAG Capsulotomy
- Conductive Keratoplasty
- Refraction / Contact Lens Fitting
- Applanation Tonometry
- Disc Photography / Optic Nerve Evaluation
- Automated Perimetry
- Laser Surgery
Would you like to see more pictures?
Go backin section "Reception of opthalmologist"
View also services categories "Ophthalmology"